Monday, January 4, 2016

Bike table on the cheap
























So...I'm alive.
Yep.
Money still isn't falling out of trees, but I do have an attack chopper project going folks.
No, this isn't it.. but Tom Rose thought you all might like to see my cheap bike table project... and I think he's right: I love homemade equipment and garage shots!
So here it is... with a friends SR500 project on it at the moment where I am doing putting it on a diet for him.
The table:
4x4 corners, handful of 2x4's and some 3/4 ply wood.
Tire vise is cobbled together from more scrap I had lying around. (You can use wood to guys)
It's not a beefy tire vise because it doesn't need it for light bikes... but I have tie down anchors that I am planning on mounting on the table for heavier bikes to give me a little more security.
I scavenged a lot of it from construction sites, because I scavenge wood any chance I get, and bought a little bit more of it to finish it up.
All the parts pertaining to a project can be stored underneath the main surface on the shelves, as well as pertinent tools and fasteners.
I put a bottom on it for even more storage because I am going to mount castors on it sometime soon and make the whole thing more mobile so I can roll it against a wall or even out into the driveway if I want.
Save your back, save your shelf space, save your sanity... build yourself one of these... you could even build one per project if you were so inclined and then use the castors to just switch the projects around if you had the room to store them! All the projects parts and tools could stay right with the bike and not get mixed up between projects!

Chopper update to come.

-Bird

3 comments:

  1. And they said blogs were dead!
    Made myself up a couple and it's the best thing I've even done. Sitting on the floor sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to see you posting again. not many people do anymore.

    ReplyDelete