Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Random Inspirational bikes: Readers bikes!

Well, folks I got a great letter from a reader who I have been cyber stalking on the QCB blog for some time. Matt Tobias has a sweet little swingarm Evo sporty that I just love, but I never got around to posting pics!
Well, he sent me an email (just like you guys should too!) and had this to say:

"Hey Bird! I dig the shit out of your philosophy man. Thats how I build my bikes. This sporty has been through many, many incarnations. This is the latest. I went from rigid back to swingarm to gain more ground clearance! I handmade pretty much everything on the bike. The frame is 3"up, 3" out, and the swingarm is lengthened 1 3/8".
I like them skinny, fast, and able to jump a curb or two! Next one will be a nice hopped up EVO big twin with a kick only 5 speed with a mag. Can't wait!
Thanks for keeping up the Attack Choppers Blog.
Matt T."

Excellent work Matt! I dig it, and I know your fellow Attack chopper builders will too!
Send in those pics guys!
Or just drop me a line! I love to hear from you guys!

My email is:
Bbird484@gmail.com

lIGHT, SKINNY, FAST, GROUND CLEARANCE, HANDLES GOOD, STOPS GOOD, mid pegs






UPDATE: UPDATE: UPDATE: UPDATE: UPDATE: UPDATE: UPDATE

when I posted this yesterday morning I was a zombie. It was about 4 am and I had to leave for work 45 miles away in a hurry... so I forgot the links to the other stuff I should have put in this post! MY BAD!
Check out the Chop Cult article on Matt's sweet ride, and the build thread, GREAT STUFF! (And check out this close up of Matts sweet MC cap and saftey wiring job!)

http://www.chopcult.com/news/articles/the-daily-tobias-sporty.html

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1184

No comments:

Post a Comment